This Lean Beef And Broccoli Stir-Fry Will Make You Re-Think Take-Out For Dinner. So much better for you than calling in!
1 pound top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
1 tablespoon oil
1 large head broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets
½ cup water
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the sirloin steak, soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, and ginger until the meat is evenly covered in the marinade.
2. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Dump in the meat and marinade and sear each side until golden brown.
4. Transfer the meat to a clean bowl and set aside.
5. Place the broccoli into the hot skillet and sauté until the broccoli has just started to brown, about 1 minute.
6. Pour the water into the skillet and immediately cover with a lid. Let it steam for 2 minutes, until the broccoli has softened.
7. Remove the lid and toss in the garlic, red pepper flakes, and sesame oil. Sauté until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds.
8. Add the steak back into the pan and stir to combine.
9. Remove from heat and serve on a bed of brown rice.